This was intended as a kids snack but I'm calling it, I may have enjoyed this more than the kids!
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4-6
What you will need:
- A box of Microwave popcorn
- 250g Butter
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp of bi-card soda
- Start by heating up the microwave popcorn in the microwave as per packet instructions, transfer to a tray and set aside
- In a pot, melt down the butter and sugar on low heat and slowly bring it up to a boil
- Add in the vanilla essence, stirring consistently for 1 minute and then add the bicarb soda, still stirring consistently until the colour changes lighter and the texture is fluffy - approx another minute
- Spoon out some of the caramel sauce over the top of the popcorn and mix it around to coat. Add in as required but l ess is more here!
- Serve and enjoy!