Shop the look
Tea with Jules fans listen up! Thanks to thehome.com.au you can now shop the look straight from the set of Tea with Jules.
I am loving this bright and cheerful set up. Colour is an amazing way to bring life to your home. Mixing neutral tones with brighter shades can balance out the colour palette. Here are some tips on making colourful decisions in your own home.
- Go Bright or Go Home– if you love mixing colours and patterns then this look is for you! The idea behind this look is to use bold citrus tones like oranges, yellows, pinks, lime greens and work them back with earthy tones like red, dusty brown and a few pops of metallics.
- Keep The Timber Tones Similar – we opted for oak timber tones in this look and added a rustic timber coffee table that still features a similar look to the dresser but the finish of the table top is much more textured which adds a bit of interest and character to the room.
- Set The Scene With Plant Life– no room is complete without a little plant life, in this case we steered clear of the classic Fiddle Leaf Fig and went nuts with cacti, a desert favourite. Each of the cacti were in concrete pots which add an earthy element to the room.
- Balance The Room– The sofa is front and centre in this image so it was important to make sure that the dresser in the background was balanced out by another element on the other side of the sofa. A floor lamp was chosen with two heads to create height similar to the cacti on the dresser, creating harmony and balance.
- Don’t Forget The Little Trinkets– This shot is not over crowded with too many trinkets, instead a collection of small jars in a tray was placed on the coffee table to let them do the talking.
To see this set come to life please subscribe to my youTube channel. You can catch some pretty inspiring interviews with some legendary people….then go shopping at thehome.com.au to create the look for yourself!
Tags: Colour, decorating, home decorating, Homewares, tea with jules, The Home, TheHome.com.au