How to wear tomboy & sports luxe
I’ve always been a tomboy. Ever since I was a kid, I thought it was completely acceptable to borrow my brothers clothes. I was always the girl on the BMX, climbing up a tree and playing all kinds of sports. I was one of the boys until my discovery of the eyelash curler and the realisation that there was a way to mix the sporty with the girlie.
I now and forever will hold a special place in my heart for all things sneaker, oversized and comfortable. The revival of Adidas Original and the beginning of sports luxe was a huge relief to me that wearing jeans with sneakers was once again an acceptable form of fashion for the outside world.
With that said, here are my top tips for owning your inner tomboy without loosing your outer femininity.
1. It’s not for everyone, so if you don’t feel comfortable or it’s not your thing, don’t do it! Stick to your own style conviction and you will always look amazing. Don’t push yourself in any style direction you really don’t want to wear.
2. Balance out the masculine with the feminine. If you find your look is leaning more towards literally wearing your brothers wardrobe, try to add a more feminine touch to the outfit. Try a chunky necklace, a boot with a heel or a pop of colour on the lip. A structured hand bag or back pack will give a girl edge too.
3. Go for oversized, loose fit shapes when trying to conquer the tomboy trend. Wide leg pants, man style jackets, crisp white oversized shirts with huge cuffs, boots and layering are all styles to try for the boy meets girl look.
4. If sports luxe is more your lane, fabrics like jersey, neoprene and lazer cut are a better choice than your actual exercise leggings and t-shirt!
5. I find wearing your hair out (if you have any sort of length) and adding a soft wave will make your whole look softer.
6. Monochrome colours will always be your friend.
D R E S S / Adidas Originals
S H O E S / Stan Smith
B A C K P A C K / Wanderers Travel Co
S U N G L A S S E S / Aje
P H O T O G R A P H E R / Johnny Diaz Nicolaidis
Tags: Adidas, adidas original, back pack, Blogger, Fashion, Fashion Blog, Fashion Styling, Johnny Diaz Nicolaidis, leather back pack, Sneakers, sports luxe, sports luxe fashion, Stan Smith, Style, Stylist, Tomboy, Tomboy fashion, Wanderers Travel Co, white sneakers